Sunday 23 April 2017

Bantu Holomisa is now following me

Of course it has to do with twitter. Let me explain. Earlier tonight I read a tweet from Bantu Holomisa:
Ramaphosa 'launches' campaign with attack on Zuma, Guptas.
The thing is that South Africa’s president, Jacob Zuma, is allegedly involved in corruption with a financial clan in the country, the Guptas. Recently Zuma replaced the Minister of Finance, Pravin Gordhan. Deputy President, Cyril Ramaphosa, ciriticised the President for this, but according Business Tech, Rampahosa had to apologise to Zuma.
So, I posted this tweet:


Then something happened. I got fifteen likes and a few new followers. Among them Bantu Holomisa. He is a Member of Parliament and also the President of the United Democratic Movement (one of the political parties in South Africa, with strong support in the Easter Cape.) Twitter is interesting.


Anyhow, the replies I got, indicate that people don’t trust Ramaphosa. As they don’t trust the General Secretary of the ANC, Gwede Mantashe. In this saga, a new word was invented:
Mantashing
It means to take back something. I don’t think that Mantashe is proud of this.

No comments: