Monday 1 June 2015

Some impressions after a wedding

On Saturday one of our five children got married. It was wonderful. It was a warm (although it rained cats and dogs) and loving day, which started with a solemn church service. After that a long and super fantastic dinner followed. The party continued until after sunrise. (Guests a bit younger than me have told me so!) Swedish sunrise in the end of May is quite early in the morning.

I can now add another identity to my other identities:
Father in law
Two families are joined in a new constellation. It is a great thing.

One special aspect was that the couple had asked for a smartphone-free wedding. Hence I see very little from the occasion on social media. It was good to see young and old talk with one another instead of being somewhere else. No one updated Facebook!

Therefore I also am a bit reluctant to write about it on my blog. It was something that we were invited to enjoy IRL (in real life). The photo I publish is therefore perfect for the occasion. It was taken when the bride and the groom together with parents, siblings and in-laws jumped in front of the camera. It reminds me of impressionistic art.

It says something about the wedding. Colourful. With action. Joy. Fellowship.


No comments: