Saturday 30 August 2014

Lesotho in our prayers

When we lived in Bloemfontein I started to love Lesotho. Materially a very poor country! Bu the people – I love them. We often visited this small mountainous country, which is an enclave in South Africa. (The only other enclave countries in the world are San Marino and the Vatican.

King Moshoeshoe I is one of my favourite leaders. Today the king’s name is Letsie III. But the country is not an absolute monarchy. There is a parliament and a government. The Prime Minister, Tom Thabane, is supported by the Police force. The opposition leader, who is the deputy Prime Minister, Mothetjoa Metsing, is supported by the military. It seems as if the military has done a coup d’état.

I don’t know much about it. But I am worried! Not for the sake of South Africa and our own security. But for the people of Lesotho! Their leaders need to use all their strength to solve the poverty problem. Not to fight over power.

God, help Lesotho!

No comments: