Friday 14 March 2014

I qualify to be a blood donor

Tuesday 20 August 2013 I asked a question in a blog post:
Who qualifies to be a blood donor?
I wrote in that blog post that I used to be a blood donor, but after many years the rules changed and my Hb was regarded too low. To me that was a disappointment. I wanted to contribute!

Even at the Liberty Mall in Pietermaritzburg,
 people are given a chance to donate blood,
and by doing that - save lives!
So, I have asked a few times in South Africa if it would be possible this side. And, yes, it is. Even for a Swedish citizen. As long as I give more than three times.

Just before Christmas I asked at the mall, where an opportunity was given, but then I had been to Mozambique, so it was not possible.

Last week I saw the busses at campus and approached them. All obstacles were removed and I gave blood for the first time in many years. Very effective. Fill in a form. Somebody enter my details in the computer. Give a blood sample to test hb. It was OK. Blood pressure and then off to the coach.

This is a very small contribution, which most adults can make. If you are one of those – think about it. It can save lives!

Not many selfies on this blog, but this one,
when I donate blood, I needed to publish.

No comments: