Friday 25 October 2013

Flying with SuperSport

The first part of physical journey to Busan so far has not been so dramatic. At the airport in Pietermaritzburg they were unable to check in my luggage all the way to Hong Kong, because our travel agency had spelled my surname Goranzon instead of Goeranzon. Reason: In Swedish it is spelled: Göranzon (with a so called um-laut). The system did not accept a spelling different from the passport.

On the same plane was also a bunch of men dressed in blue tracksuits. I understood them to be soccer players, so I asked one of them for the name of the team.
SuperSport!


OK, I said – on which level do you play?
The highest level.
Another person in the queue turned towards me and said:
You are supposed to take autographs!
Well, I have heard of the team but in church people mostly speak about Orlando Pirates and Kaiser Chiefs. I now know that SuperSport is one of the top teams. But no, I didn’t take any autographs.

The flight from Johannesburg to Hong Kong was nice. About 12 hours. But the seat was OK, as the food. I slept well!

I will spend 1½ day with our colleague Dieter, a theologian seconded by Church of Sweden to the Lutheran TheologicalSeminary in Hong Kong. After that I will travel a few hours the night between Saturday and Sunday and arrive in South Korea early Sunday Morning.

1 comment:

elisabet said...

I wish you a wonderful stay in Hongkong and a safe travel to Busan!