Friday 23 August 2013

Fun walk

Tonight my wife and I participated in the PMB Sports 5 km FUN RUN WALK. Arranged by the University of KwaZulu-Natal. Last week I registered and paid 2 x ZAR 20:- and tonight was the night. The activity was for the whole family and we did see some families. I guess 95% were students. Maybe a few teachers! Anyhow – it was fun. The winner managed to finish in just above 18 minutes. Anyone better than 30 minutes got a medal! We walked but I was impressed when the time was about 45 minutes. There were also people who were after us.

One group that came after us took it as there mission to encourage others. Dressed in funny hats and with cheering comments. Well done!


This group of students contributed to a great evening.

When everyone had completed a direct lucky draw took place. I won a water bottle. Nice! This was a good example of modern South Africa. A mixture of people enjoying a Friday evening together! And we experienced something which we don’t experience so often: we were actually walking in the streets a Friday evening, when it was dark, and felt safe.


Before ....



... and after


No comments: