Monday 10 June 2013

South Africa is preparing itself ….

Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela. Madiba. He is back in hospital. South Africa is praying. So does the rest of the world. But today the reporter asked, in e-news:
Praying for what?
She said that some pray for his recovery while others believe that the time might have come for South Africa to let go of the icon. The reporter referred to social media and I can see for myself that people are confused. Mail and Guardian reports that
Madiba became the latest victim of a death hoax on Twitter after a fake Piers Morgan account tweeted that the former president had died in his sleep.
So unnecessary! In my own face book flow I catch this status update, which I liked:


While president Zuma has urged the nation and the world to pray (which I also like) one person interviewed in e-news said that it would be terrible if Mandela died now. But then he added that we cannot interfere with God’s will.


South Africa is preparing itself …

4 comments:

elisabet said...

I think Madiba will know when it´s time to leave. So please, let him go, he has done more than enough for South Africa. It´s time for everyone, in South Africa and all over the world to take resposibility for the future. It isn´t a good idea to put all your expectations on one person, icon or hero

Anders Göranzon said...

I totally agree!

Heidi said...

Let him finally have his well earned rest and let the rest of the world take their own responsibility. Let him be proud of us - we owe him that!

Anders Göranzon said...

And I totally agree again!